Thursday, June 10, 2010

Summer Mommy & Me Preschool Time

Curly and I are really enjoying Mommy & Me preschool time (about 30 minutes everyday during Little Red's nap).  I think we're going to do a theme study every week on a different topic she's interested in--combining some library books with activities.  Next week we've already decided to teach her about buildings and famous monuments, specifically the Eiffel Tower.  She's been peppering me with questions about the Eiffel Tower and comparing everything's size to the Eiffel Tower.  Often overheard saying things like, "It's almost as big as the Eiffel tower!"  I also want to incorporate daily fine motor activities and/or a little handwriting practice--because she seems so eager to be able to write her letters well but struggles a bit with the motor skills.  I've liked this website's approach.  I'm not really sitting down and giving her worksheet after worksheet--we make it fun.  But the groupings on the website helped me break it down for Curly a bit more.  We've also enjoyed the games and activities from this summer packet--it has a nice balance of literacy and math activities.  Curly has especially enjoyed the Summer Book Bingo.  This week at the library she choose Laura Numeroff as an author and we had fun checking out ALL the books by her and reading and comparing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment