Friday, March 26, 2010

X

with permission from my friend's blog...they also do a letter-of-the-week co-op preschool.  Names have been changed to protect the innocent!  :o)

X Makes 3 Sounds

/ks/ like in the end of "box",

/ex/ like in x-ray, 


The kids came to the "doctor's office" and told me a tale of how they broke some part of their body. I had them lie down with their head on a pillow and wounded body part on top of a carpet square. Then all my little X-ray techs would stand up and make their bodies into an X-shape - feet apart, arms up and out, while chanting, "X-ray! X-ray! X-ray! Beeep!"

Then I'd hand them an x-ray (black construction paper on which they glued the white bones like a puzzle and I filled in the patient name).

Neee-xt!

& /z/ like in xylophone

Of course, I couldn't resist making our water xylophone a rainbow xylophone. The kids were all very focused during their turn to play it.


Of course, it turns out that Taylor was home for Spring Break when it was my turn to teach. One in seven weeks. The last time he was home during my class because of the snow storms. That made ten kids (mercifully Anna napped three-quarters of the class).

Luckily, Taylor's friend Lauren came over along with her brother Sam. A good girl always helps a boy stay in line.

They all LOVED giant Tic-Tac-Toe with O bowls and wooden spoon X's. Gotta remember that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment